Sanspointe dance company - summer intensive 2020
JULY 26-AUG 2, 2020
Sanspointe Dance Company Summer Intensive is a seven day dance intensive for intermediate and advanced dancers ages 15+. Dancers will explore multiple disciplines of modern-contemporary dance as well as choreography, composition, improvisation, Floor-Barre® , Yoga, and company repertory. Classes will be held at The Dance Foundation and Edgewood Dance.
Tuition for all dancers is $350
FOR THE MONTH OF MARCH ONLY - Tuition is $275!
Scholarships are available. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The program is under the supervision of Sanspointe Dance Company directors, Anna Foshee & Sara Wallace. Other guest instructors include ::
- Sarah Barry | MFA in Modern Dance from the University of Utah, CLMA, Chair of the Department of Theatre and Dance at the University of Alabama
- Germaul Barnes | Artist in residence at The Dance Foundation
- Alisa McCool | MFA in Choreography and Performance from the Tisch School of the Arts at NYU. Dance Coordinator at Samford University
- Amy Morrow | Gaga, Artistic Director of The Theorists
- Rhea Speights | MFA in Dance from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, former SDC Artistic Director
- Heidi Stoeckley | BFA from The Julliard School, former Martha Graham Company dancer, MA in Arts Management from Columbia University.
- Elizabeth Wright | BFA from The Julliard School, principal dancer for the Isadora Duncan Dance Company, former senior member of Jennifer Muller/The Works
9:00-11:00 | Technique
11:00-12:30 | Improvisation/Movement Exploration/Choreography
12:30-1:30 | LUNCH (BYOL)
1:30-2:45 | Movement Elective (Yoga, Pilates, Floor-Barre)
3:00-5:00 | Faculty Choreography
*schedule subject to change
The SDC summer intensive offers all dancers the opportunity to rehearse and perform a piece of repertory under the guidance of the intensive faculty. The performance is held on Sunday, August 2nd at 3:00 pm at Edgewood Dance. Parents, friends and artists are invited to attend!
Tuition can paid through links below or checks can be made payable to Sanspointe Dance Company and sent to:
P.O. Box 59266, BIrmingham, AL 35259. Checks need to be received no later than one week after registration.